On 21 April 1937, VH-UVZ crashed into Sydney Harbour. According to newspaper reports at the time, it was circling above a steamer, which was departing from Circular Quay, when the aircraft stalled and spun into the water. The occupants were rescued with minor injuries and VH-UVZ was retrieved to fly again.
VH-UVZ was impressed into the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) on 19 August 1940, becoming A17-691 and served at No. 10 Elementary Flying Training School in Temora from July 1943 to the end of the war. In November 1999, David Lowy acquired the aeroplane and donated it to the Temora Aviation Museum during December 2000. The aircraft is painted in the yellow markings that it carried as a trainer during World War II.
This aircraft is now part of the Air Force Heritage Collection after being generously donated by the Temora Aviation Museum in July 2019.