The Canberra major maintenance is progressing well. The update so far is:
– The aircraft is off jacks and has been washed- what a job!
– Almost all the air frame work has been completed.
– The engines are fitted and rigged.
– Test fittings have been made for extra gauging on engine runs.
– The starter wiring modification is complete and ready for the starters.
– The electric starters have been bench tested and we should have them delivered soon. When they are installed we can begin testing them on the aircraft. Once we are satisfied that the starting system works well, we will begin engine runs. Starting with low power leak checks and tests, building to full power tests.
It is hoped to begin test flying sometime later this year after COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
Warbirds Downunder 2020
We know that you are all wondering if WD2020 is still going ahead. Management will be providing advice to the Governing Committee who will make a decision in the coming months, and we will be sure to let you know as soon as the decision is made. We remain positive that the restrictions will ease up in time.
After a lot of work with our team, fans and designers, we are pleased to release our new range of merchandise. We have started with a new range of 4 t-shirts featuring the Sabre, Tiger Moth, Boomerang and Spitfire, which are available online.
Please visit our online shop to view and purchase a new shirt!
We hope you like them as much as we do!
A Word form our General Manager
We hope you are all managing to navigate the COVID-19 lockdown and social distancing restrictions as best as possible. We certainly do miss seeing you all here at the Museum, and hope it won’t be too long until we see your faces again!
We are tracking in the right direction, with positive news on the lifting of some restrictions soon. In the meantime, stay safe, and make sure you stay connected to the Museum via our Social Media, email or website.