It is hard to believe that it’s Christmas time again and another year has passed. We have had many successes throughout the year, and this points towards better things to come.
2009’s highlights have included:
• the Super Constellation visiting from HARS.
• the progress on the RAAF Sabre, including the final assembly and ground runs.
• winning two awards at the CountryLink Inland NSW Tourism Awards
• the first flight of the Sabre.
• a visit by the F/A-18 RAAF Hornets.
• two model aircraft events by the NSW Scale Aircraft Society.
• winning the Gold award for Heritage and Cultural Tourism at the NSW Tourism Awards at Sydney.
• visiting aircraft which included Trojans, Harvards, Mustang, Kittyhawk, Avro Cadet, Auster, Boomerang, O-1 Birddog, Avengers and more.
• sharing our wonderful Museum with thousands of visitors.
These highlights were overshadowed by the loss of our dear friend and Founding Governing Committee member Tom Moon early in the year. We are proud to announce that the Temora Shire Council has received the necessary approvals, and early next year will rename Menzies Street (the street that the Museum is located on) Tom Moon Avenue, in recognition of Tom’s contribution to the establishment and success of the Museum.
The Museum would not function without the hard work and dedication of our staff, our volunteers, and crew. We would also like to thank all of the aircraft owners and pilots who have brought their aircraft to participate in our Flying Displays.
Our opening hours throughout the holiday period remain 10 am to 4 pm daily, except for closure on Christmas Day (Friday 25 December 2009), Boxing Day (Saturday 26 December 2009) and New Years Day (Friday 1 January 2009). Make your way to the Riverina during the holiday season and visit the Temora Aviation Museum Aircraft Collection. Our team of dedicated volunteers will be here and happy to show visitors through, offering information on the aircraft and the Museum. Our next Flying Weekend will be 30 and 31 January 2010, so start making plans to visit us again then!
The Temora Aviation Museum would like to wish all our newsletter subscribers a wonderful Christmas and a very safe and happy New Year.