- August 1944 – Received by the RAAF and allocated to 5 Service Flying Training School at Uranquinty, NSW.
- January 1945 – Allocated to 5 Squadron. The aircraft was not actually received by 5 Squadron on Bougainville until July 1945.
- January 1946 – Approval granted to dismantle the aircraft into components.
The aircraft on display is a composite of factory new and restored components. It was rebuilt in Victoria and was completed in 1975. Its assigned construction number is 1105.
David Lowy purchased VH-BFF from Malcolm Long in 1999 and donated it to the Temora Aviation Museum in December 2000.
The Wirraway is painted in 5 Squadron RAAF colours, as it was when it was based in Bougainville, Papua New Guinea.
This aircraft is now part of the RAAF 100 Squadron Temora Historic Flight Collection after being generously donated by the Temora Aviation Museum in July 2019.