The Meteor was built by Gloster in 1949 and carried RAF serial number VZ467, serving until 1982. Its last military role was as a target tug. After being retired from the RAF, the Meteor was privately owned and operated in the UK. Upon being purchased by the Temora Aviation Museum, the aircraft was disassembled, transported to Australia and reassembled at Bankstown NSW. In August 2001, the Meteor flew from Bankstown to its new home in Temora, where it is maintained in an airworthy condition, making it the only Gloster Meteor F.8 flying in the world.
Since being re-painted by the Museum, the aircraft carries the markings of a Korean War era Meteor operated by RAAF 77 Squadron and flown by Sgt. George Hale.
This aircraft is now part of the RAAF 100 Squadron Temora Historic Flight Collection after being generously donated by the Temora Aviation Museum in July 2019.